JOB TITLE: Payroll Manager (Uckfield)
REPORTING TO: Business Director
This is a newly created role to manage our busy and growing client payroll services team based in our Uckfield (Sussex) office. Responsible for the day-to-day operations, you will lead and support the Payroll team, ensuring they are equipped to work to their goals. You will manage the smooth and accurate running of all functions, and stay close to clients to ensure you are the face of this operation. We also act as a BACS Bureau, so the management of clients and cash management are critical to the business and the payment of salaries to our clients’ employees.
Your initial focus will be operations, but this will evolve into the commercialisation of the business to ensure it is operating effectively and market facing (in the context of Auto Enrolment and other opportunities).
As the business develops, your role will become increasingly client-facing and visible. Operational excellence is the prime objective, so marketing and business development will be kept in sensible balance, and your processing resources increased as growth of the business dictates. You will also ensure the website is kept up-to-date (with the London-based marketing team) particularly in regard to changes in legislation and other relevant matters.
The business is in a very important part of its life cycle. For the right candidate this will be a demanding but stimulating and enjoyable challenge, with personal and business development opportunities that are likely to be unrivalled in the locality.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Management/supervisory experience in Payroll (ideally with payroll bureau experience)
- Evidence of operating and managing successfully a diverse range of payrolls
- Numerate and analytical with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Evidence of being a proactive, self-starter who can manage changing priorities in a demanding environment
- Working knowledge of payroll software (ideally Cyberaid Teamtrak) and intermediate/advanced Excel.
To apply please send your CV and a supporting statement to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org