Leading a friendly team in our lovely Uckfield office, you will be responsible for ensuring our clients’ payrolls are processed efficiently and effectively. You will manage the smooth and accurate running of all functions, and stay close to clients to ensure you are the face of this operation. We also act as a BACS Bureau, so the management of clients and cash management are critical to the business and the payment of salaries to our clients’ employees.
Your initial focus will be operations, but this will evolve into the commercialisation of the business to ensure it is operating effectively and market facing (in the context of Auto Enrolment and other opportunities).
As the business develops, your role will become increasingly client-facing and visible. Operational excellence is the prime objective, so marketing and business development will be kept in sensible balance, and your processing resources increased as growth of the business dictates. You will also ensure the website is kept up-to-date (with the London-based marketing team) particularly in regard to changes in legislation and other relevant matters.
The business is in a very important part of its life cycle. For the right candidate this will be a demanding but stimulating and enjoyable challenge, with personal and business development opportunities that are likely to be unrivalled in the locality.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Management experience in Payroll – must have current and extensive bureau experience
- Ability to calculate payrolls manually, to explain processes to junior team members
- Leading and developing teams
- Evidence of operating & managing successfully a diverse range of payrolls (i.e. size, sector & type)
- Numerate & analytical with excellent written & verbal communications skills
- Evidence of being a proactive, self-starter who can manage changing priorities in a demanding environment
- Working knowledge of payroll software (we use Cyberaid Teamtrak & comprehensive training will be given)
- Excel – intermediate/advanced
To apply please send your CV and a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org